Using these Farmacy ingredients [red sweet bell pepper, garlic, coconut oil, tomato, parsley, cayenne, onion, sweet corn] in the Roasted Stuffed Pepper recipe may help act as a liver detox, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, anti-viral, anti-parasitic, brain booster, candida cleanse, kidney detox and to boost immunities.
- Bell peppers are rich in vitamin C, which is essential to your immune system. Red bell peppers are low in potassium and high in flavor, but that’s not the only reason they’re perfect for the kidney diet. These tasty vegetables are also an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as vitamin B6, folic acid and fiber, a rich array of antioxidant phytonutrients.
- Fresh garlic is a potent antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agent, it has immune boosting effects, and fresh garlic is also a potent antibacterial against MRSA; it also fights yeast infections, viruses and parasites. Adding garlic to the diet may also help stimulate the liver.
Black Pepper is high in antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties and may benefit your brain and help nutrient absorption by as much as 2000% with turmeric. The piperine in black pepper can boost the liver’s ability to detoxify your body. Both turmeric and black pepper have key active ingredients that contribute to their anti–inflammatory, antioxidant and disease-fighting qualities.
- Sweet Corn is a good source of antioxidant carotenoids, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, yellow (or colored) corn may promote eye health.The antioxidants present in it also act as anti- agents and help prevent Alzheimer’s disease.The kernels are also rich in vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that is essential for growth and protection from diseases.
- Coconut oil is a potent Candida killer, and one of the best antifungals there is.
- Onions are celebrated for their strong anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-parasitic properties. They also help the kidneys to flush excess fluids out the body: highly beneficial for Candida sufferers who experience water retention.
- Cayenne pepper is a little-known antifungal solution that naturally speeds digestion and supports the immune system.
- Parsley has also been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties due to its antioxidants, including flavonoids, carotenoids, and vitamin C. The anti-inflammatory properties of parsley, along with its ability to regulate urinary pH and reduce blood pressure, may help keep your kidneys healthy and lower your risk of kidney stones
Roasted Stuffed Peppers
Seasonings & Spices
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon real salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 chipotle or cayenne peppers, seeded and minced
Veggies — 30-70%
- 4 large bell peppers any color, seeded and stem-top trimmed
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup corn niblets
- 1 diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Condiments — less than 5%
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Beans, Legumes — 10-40%
- 1 cup beans, cooked
Eggs, Fish, Natural Dairy– less than 5%
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
Grains — less than 20%
- 1 cup cooked rice or quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute onion about 5 minutes in coconut oil. Add garlic, cayenne pepper and corn and stir until heated through.
- Add rice or quinoa and tomatoes to the large bowl with the cooked beans and stir to combine. Place the sweet bell peppers in a 9” x 9” baking dish.
- Divide the filling evenly among the peppers. Top with cheese and parsley and optional pepper stem top. Bake until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.