October 12, 2017 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4” rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon each of cumin, coriander, chili powder and salt
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Add sweet potato rounds to a large bowl and toss with oil. Place onto baking sheets and roast for 25 – 35 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and starting to brown, making sure to flip them halfway through.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, add beans, water and spices to a small saucepan. Start with ¼ cup and add more if needed. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes. Once beans have softened, stir in quinoa and corn and then remove from the heat.
- Remove sweet potatoes from the oven and arrange the rounds onto plates (or keep them directly on the pan if you’re using cheese/chicken). Top the sweet potatoes with bean mixture and salsa.*
- Mash the avocado with the juice of ½ the lime and add a dollop onto each helping. Top with cherry tomatoes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice. Enjoy!