October 26, 2017 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
Included in box: green cabbage
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 – 30 mins
Ingredients list for the roasted cabbage steaks
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage or green cabbage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil.
2. In a bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
3. Arrange the cabbage slices in a single layer and brush with the honey balsamic vinaigrette. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper and sprinkle with thyme.
4. Roast until cabbage slices are tender and edges are golden, 25 to 30 minutes.