November 30, 2017 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
Included in box: pomegranate
“This salad is a delicious way to use your leftover chicken or turkey. It can also be enjoyed without the meat for a yummy vegetarian/vegan dish.” The Truth about Cancer
Yield: Two 12-ounce servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of fresh young spinach leaves or baby spinach
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of cooked chicken (optional)
- 1 handful fresh basil coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped leek
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh turmeric finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Wash the spinach and tear into pieces placing them in a large bowl (baby spinach can be left whole).
- Prepare the herbs and spices and add to the bowl.
- Top with the chicken and pomegranate seeds.
- Add the olive oil and vinegar. Toss thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Put in serving bowls and enjoy!