November 16, 2017 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
Fall Detox Vegetable Soup Freezer-Friendly
Included in box: cabbage, carrots, onion
Vegan, Gluten free, Paleo
∙ Serves 6-8
2 cups Butternut squash
2 cups Cabbage
2 cups Cauliflower florets
2 Celery stalks
2 Garlic cloves
1 Onion, large
2 tbsp Parsley
1 Sweet potato (about 2 cups), large
6 cups Vegetable stock
Baking & Spices
1/2 tsp Black pepper, cracked
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Sea salt
Oils & Vinegars
1 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat up a large pot over med-high heat and add olive oil.
- Throw in onion, carrot and celery and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in sweet potato, butternut squash,and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with cabbage, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and spices and give it a stir.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer, uncovered over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve warm.
- Will keep for a week in refrigerator and freezes well for several months.