June 28, 2018 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
Included in box: sweet corn
Nothing says summer like a Crockpot Low Country Boil. It really has to be one of the most fun meals to eat. Grab some friends and give this recipe a try!
∙ Serves 4-6
1 lb Kielbasa sausage, cooked
2 lb Shrimp in shells, fresh large
2 stalks Celery
4 Cobs of corn, fresh
3 Garlic cloves
1 Onion, cut into quarters
1 1/2 lbs Red potatoes, small
1 Optional : cocktail sauce
Baking & Spices
1/4 cup Old bay seasoning
Beer, Wine & Liquor
1 bottle Beer
5 cups Water
- Start by spraying a 6 or 7 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add in water, beer, Old Bay Seasoning, and garlic. Stir until well combined.
- Place potatoes, onion and celery in slow cooker and squeeze lemons over mixture in slow cooker.
- Place lemon halves to slow cooker.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on Low heat setting 4-5 hours.
- Add sausage and corn, cover and cook 2 hours longer.
- Increase heat setting to HIGH and add in your shrimp. Your crockpot will be very full, so do your best to stir a little and squeeze your shrimp in. Cover and cook 30-40 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- Drain your Crockpot Low Country Boil using a large strainer. Serve this meal on a newspaper covered table for easy clean up. We enjoyed ours with cocktail sauce, fresh lemon and some Cajun seasoning.