July 12, 2018 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
Included in box: tomatoes, peaches, nectarines
- 2 medium-large heirloom tomatoes or any variety
- 1 large nectarine and peach
- 4 ounces fresh burrata mozzarella, ricotta, or cheese of choice
- 15-20 leaves small-medium fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Slice tomatoes, peaches and nectarines as desired.
Heat olive oil for 30 seconds over high heat. When you flick a droplet of water in the oil and it sizzles, drop basil leaves in and swirl for a count of three. Remove from heat and drain oil into a bowl for the dressing. Set leaves aside.
Whisk olive oil with red wine vinegar and sea salt.
On a large plate, layer tomatoes, nectarines, and chunks of burrata or mozzarella. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with crispy basil leaves.
Serve as is, or with a nice crusty bread.