February 1, 2018 This week’s farm veggie recipe idea:
with Yukon Gold Potatoes
Included in box: potatoes
Vegan, Gluten free
∙ Serves 6-8
1/4 cup Parsley, fresh leaves
2 16 ounce bags Peas, frozen sweet
1 tbsp Thyme, fresh
4 Yukon gold potatoes, small
4 cups Vegetable stock
Baking & Spices
1 Salt and pepper
Oils & Vinegars
1 Olive oil
- In a medium-sized stew pot or Dutch oven add the vegetable stock and potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir in the frozen peas. Allow them to defrost and turn bright green, about 3 minutes. Once they have defrosted remove from the heat. Stir in the thyme and parsley.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, working in batches so that you only fill the blender halfway full at a time. Blend the soup until it’s creamy, about 1 minute for each batch.
- Return the soup to the soup pot to reheat it. Once it comes to a boil, remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the salt and pepper to taste. Don’t be too stingy on the salt, it helps to bring out the flavor of the peas.
- Ladle the soup into dishes and serve as a side or an appetizer. Garnish by drizzling a little olive oil on top of the soup.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week. Reheat the soup gently.